Children eligible for Pupil Premium include:
- Children who are in the care of the local authority (known as Looked after Children)
- Children adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005 or left care under
- a Special Guardianship Order on or after 30 December 2005
- a Residence Order on or after 14 October 1991
- Children whose family qualify for, or have qualified for in the past six years, free school meals by household income.
- Children of armed services personnel.
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils
- We ensure that children belonging to vulnerable groups, including those from socially disadvantaged backgrounds, are adequately assessed and provision is made to meet their needs
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free schools meals will be socially disadvantaged
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged will be in receipt of free school meals. We therefore reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any groups of pupils that the school deems to be socially disadvantaged