School PE and Sport at All Saints Junior School
It is our aim at All Saints Junior to provide the opportunity for our children to safely experience a range of sporting activities for their fun and enjoyment. Through carefully planned PE and sports activities, we aim to ensure that all children are happy and enjoy PE, thus raising participation levels both in and out of school and therefore in turn, promoting healthy lifestyles.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is continuing to provide funding of £150 million per annum to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for their children.
Each school will receive £8000 plus £5 per pupil each year for the next two years. Here at All Saints Junior School that will mean around £9000 a year.
Purpose of the Funding
The School Sport Premium money is ring fenced and can only be spent on Physical Education and sport provision in school. Schools will be expected to spend the funding on improving and enhancing their provision of physical education and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how to do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/Sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/Sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/Sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.